Spinhoven, P. et al. (2017) Journal of Affective Disorders. 213(4) pp. 112–117
- Following MBCT, participants manifested significant improvements in mindfulness skills.
- At 15-month follow-up, participants showed lower levels of neuroticism.
- At follow-up, participants also showed higher levels of extraversion and conscientiousness.
- Improvements in mindfulness skills predicted subsequent changes in personality traits.
- The mindfulness facets of describing and acting with awareness were most predictive.
Read the full abstract here